Sunday, November 17, 2013

Back on Track

So i suck at updating. I really need to get better at it. At least weekly no matter what i need to post something. I want a following and want to get my story out there.

So about 6 weeks ago i decided that i needed to get back on track, truly on track, and did a liquid diet. I have struggled with getting back on track for the past year almost and needed to do this. Its just sucking it up and doing it. I had seen everyone on my Michigan Sleevers group on Facebook  was doing the 5 day pouch test which i think motivated me to do this. I can't do the 5 day pouch test because it involves lots of meat and well, i don't eat meat. haha. So i decided to just go back to all liquids. For 4 days i did 3 protein shakes and a quest bar. I ended up dropping about 6 lbs in the 4 days. It was very rewarding. The struggle was similar to when i did my 2 week pre op diet. I got a headache the first couple days, which sucked. Clearly the carbs and creeped back into my diet and i had to detox from them. I loved the support i got from my facebook group. I still am in awe of how close knit the bariatric community is. I wish i had this kind of support on all the other diets i was on. I wish there was a way to give others without bariatric surgery the support they need to lose weight, so they don't have to resort to surgery. I don't regret a second of it, but just in hindsight wonder if i had this support before would i have succeeded?

3 weeks ago a friend coaxed me into trying out a boot camp class. Its 3 days a week for 2 hrs a session. Crazy right? YUP! She has been trying to get me to do this for a while now, and for some crazy reason i went through with it. haha! We just completed week 3 and have 3 more weeks to go. It is not easy! it is by far the hardest and most mentally challenging thing i have ever done. Every muscle in my body tells me to give up because its never done this before, never been pushed this hard and is used to just giving up. I am so proud of myself for not, but it still sucks! I hate to love it! lol. Everyone in the class is so supportive and amazing! I think they are the reason i go back. I told one of the ladies in class yesterday that the soreness has yet to go away, yet you get used to it and it becomes a part of you. It becomes your new norm. She said shes been sore for 10 months. But at least i know my body is being worked and will look amazing because of it. I know i'll have lose skin from all the weight i have to lose but this will help tone up where i can and push me to new goals and places i never thought i could go! I hope once i complete this session i can do another session in January, keep the soreness going! haha!

3 comments:

  1. Good for you for getting back on track, Kria Anne. Doing the shakes and then this boot camp has given you great results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!
    The first day after my boot camp class down here, I thought I was going to die from being so sore! Then I remembered something a friend of mine who is a personal trainer told me. He tells all of his clients right after working out to drink some chocolate milk and take an ibuprofen. IT WORKS!! I've been doing that (drinking like a 1/2 a glass of chocolate milk because I don't want to totally negate my workout) and I've barely been sore at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm i don't drink regular cows milk, only soy milk, so not sure if it would work the same but i'll try it! lol

      Delete