Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Guilt free pizza!

So when I went grocery shopping this weekend I ended up at Walmart and as always, I wander around. In the deli section I found flatout bread. They had some new choices like an artisan pizza crust. I've tried their other flatouts for pizza and wasn't impressed but this looked different and was a new flavor so I gave it a go!

Flatout bread is 140 calories and 7 grams of protein. 26 carbs but nothing to feel too guilty about being a yr and a half out.

Pizza sauce is 80 calories for 1/2cup. I used just over 1/4 cup so only 40 calories and 1 gram of protein.

Cheese is a pizza blend, sure I should probably use the 2% stuff but I used a serving so I was good. 1/4 cup for 100 calories and 7 grams of protein.

I just followed the instructions on the back of the package.  It told me to cook the bread in the oven for 4-5 min first.  Then I put the sauce and cheese on and baked it for another 6 min. It was very good and crispy!

So 280 calories for 15 grams of protein. Not bad for a whole pizza that is filling!

1 comment: